Sunday, May 20, 2018

4 Relaxing Ideas To Do When You Get Time Alone

So my kids are gone with my husband for a few hours and I am home alone!

ALONE!

I actually can't remember the last time I had a few hours all to myself at home.

The big question now is - What should I do? The list is long and I find myself debating in my head what to do first. Ever have this happen?

mommysuburbia.blogspot.com

I feel like a six year old in a candy store staring at the endless bins of sugary sweets trying to decide which one he wants. I just don't know. I can't decide, and I'm wasting precious time!

Panic, I am actually feeling a little anxiety over this whole dilemma. The clock is ticking people and I need to decide something soon otherwise before you know it the hubby will be pulling into the garage with the kids and I will once again resume the role of Mom.

OK, deep breath.

Here is my top five list of things to do when the rare occasion presents itself and the house is all mine!

1. Watch a TV show - uninterrupted, holding the remote because yes I am now queen of the remote control. Cooking show? Reality show? Movie? Yikes more decisions! My go to is the Pioneer Woman on Food Network. Love her recipes.

2. Pinterest and actually read the links I have pinned. Pinterest is sometimes my gap filler, you know those five minutes here or there that you fill scrolling through the eye candy on Pinterest. I have great intentions to click to visit the actual site but I don't always have the time to read the full text once I get to the site.

3. Home school planning. I have a high schooler next year for the first time so the anxiety to plan is always looming over me these days.

4. Sew or craft. I love to sew but hauling out the supplies, cutting up fabric and then having to put it all away seems a little more than I want to get into with these valuable hours of tranquility. I need days, people, yes, days to myself to tackle some of the sewing projects I want to try out.

5. Clean and organize something, anything. I could have a clean house for more than 5 minutes if I get right on this while the family is gone. Satisfying but short-lived.

Getting used to a break from a busy, noisy, full house is harder than I thought it would be. It is so rare that I don't exactly know what to do. But one thing for sure I know is by the time this moment comes to an end I will have a better appreciation for my kids, husband and our life. Like the cliche says - you don't know what your missing until it's gone.

Is it possible to miss them in such a short time? Yep, but I will cherish this quite house and enjoy it just a bit more than usual when it is once again filled with giggles, loud footsteps, tattling, crying, endless questions, and many "I love you"'s.

My family is precious to me and I love being with them. Sometimes stepping away (or having them leave for a few hours) allows you to regain your perspective and remember what a treasure each moment with those you love is.

Enjoy your Sunday friends! I know I am going to enjoy mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated! Thanks for your suggestions, questions and feedback.