Wednesday, March 1, 2017

The BEST Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe Ever


*post may contain amazon affiliated links

Who doesn't love a good chocolate chip cookie? They make a great mid day snack when you need a little boost to get you through the day, or a special sweet treat for the kids after dinner or school. There is just something about the classic chocolate chip cookie that brings you back to when you were a kid and your mom or grandma would offer you one fresh out of the oven. As you got older maybe you were even allowed to help make them by measuring the ingredients and stirring or the best part - pouring in the chocolate chips! 

As I've more experienced in the kitchen I have found that several factors influence how your cookies turn out after baking them. I've also enjoyed adding new "mix-ins" to my cookies to change the flavor or texture just a little to add a small twist. 

Here is a little graphic to help you figure out how to adjust your recipes to make the cookie turn out the way you like them:
So without further delay here is the recipe I have been using for years:

The Best Chocolate Cookie Recipe 

(Printable Recipe Here)
 Preheat oven to 335 degrees Fahrenheit
Ingredients and Instructions
Cream Together1 cup butter
1/2 cup white granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar
Add to the Creamed Sugar/Butter2 eggs well beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
In a Separate Bowl Combine2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
Mix-ins1 12 oz bag of chocolate chips
* 1/2 cup quick cooking oatmeal
* 1/2 cup M&M's

*these are optional (but totally yummy)
Mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients stirring to incorporate.  Don't over mix! Now add your favorite mix-ins, especially the chocolate chips. Using a Tablespoon as a cookie scoop drop spoonfuls onto a baking sheet. Bake for 12-15 minutes until edges are golden and center is still soft.

I hope you enjoy these cookies as much as my family does. I actually have to hide them to make them last for at least a few days. I swear my family can find these hidden cookies anywhere - I've hidden them in the laundry room, china cabinet, bookcase, in the pantry under winter hats & mittens. I'm running out of places to stash these treats! Guess I better just make some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated! Thanks for your suggestions, questions and feedback.