Friday, February 24, 2017

The Tough Truth About Parenting

via: freeimages
Being a mom is seriously hard work! It is a 24/7 job with no vacations, paid time off or holiday breaks. 

Sometimes the little annoyances can really get to you, building up over time like a volcano that is about to erupt. Can you relate? 

For me the little annoyance that drives me crazy is an empty toilet paper roll left on the toilet paper holder that no one seems to know how to change. I've learned to look before going so I am not caught without toilet paper (of course I had to learn the hard way a few times before learning my lesson). 

Recently I found three of our four bathrooms lacking a fresh roll of toilet paper and was inspired to pen this (sarcastic) letter to my children. 

If you can relate to this problem I'd love to hear from you! What little annoyances, like this one, drive you crazy? 

Keep your chin up momma!


Dear Son / Daughter,

What a thoughtful child you are to leave the next bathroom user a WHOLE square of toilet paper. Such kindness should be recognized. How about a prize or a trophy? I mean you could have totally been a punk and left nothing, but deep down inside you showed how much you truly care for the rest of your family by this one good deed.

With such a jam packed schedule and time demanding deadlines I completely understand how you just couldn't find a spare second to hassle with replacing the empty roll with a new roll. What with remembering to flush, wash your hands and turn off the light - I'm just glad you were able to take care of your own business and get on with your day.

Modern technology is just so daunting! I don't know how you survive in this high tech fast paced world. I mean just look at that fancy toilet paper holder - pretty intimidating right? Just go back to focusing on improving your texting skills. Goodness knows how important that skill set is.

When you feel ready for the big stuff (like the toilet paper holder) I will be here to help instruct you on how this little "do-dad" works. It's kind of tricky but I have full confidence in you! You are a quick learner and the best part is you can practice this over and over until you get so good at it you won't even think about it - you will just do it, without even thinking about it. Imagine that! It will be such a proud moment for your momma that I get choked up just thinking about it.

Well best of luck my dear one, and oh, yeah, I hope that one little square doesn't come back to bite you in the butt!

Love
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are appreciated! Thanks for your suggestions, questions and feedback.